- Medix College’s web site (medixcollege.ca) and North American Trade Schools website (nats.ca) provide information about the respective institution, its programs, and its services.
- The online learning environment (medixcollege.instructure.com) includes the learning management system, video conferencing system and other supplemental systems used in specific courses.
- Medix College and North American Trade Schools respect the privacy of online visitors and do not sell or rent any information obtained from its Web site to any other organization or third party.
- When you visit the Medix College or North American Trade Schools Web site or online learning environment, the server automatically collects a limited amount of information essential for the site’s operation and security. This information includes your IP address, the name of your Internet Service Provider, and information concerning your browser and operating system. This information is used to perform statistical analysis of user trends and interests and to help us make this site more useful to visitors.
- We use your personal data to offer and operate your classes in the online learning environment. Your information is used to administer your classes and online services, and to track your academic activities, participation, submissions, communications and tool use within our academic systems.
- When you use Medix College’s or North American Trade School’s Web site or online learning environment for program or services purposes, such as requesting services, completing a questionnaire, or making payment, the personal information you provide for that program or service will be in compliance with (PIPEDA) The Personal Information Protection Electronic Documents Act and will be used only for the purpose it was collected. The information will be disclosed only in accordance with the provisions of this act.
- If it is necessary for you to register, you will have to give us access to personal information, such as, your credit card information, name, specialty, address, phone number, e-mail address, and other contact information. (We do not otherwise collect personal information).
- We will not share personal information gathered on this Web site or online learning environment with any other parties. It is Medix College and North American Trade Schools intention to protect against improper use of your personal information. Accordingly, Medix College and North American Trade Schools have provided safeguards for the protection and storage of the personal information you have provided. Credit card information is encrypted, and access to your information is limited exclusively to people required to process that information.
- The Medix College and North American Trade Schools Web site or online learning environment may have links to external Web pages. Please be aware that the school is not responsible for site content outside our Web site, or the privacy policies of outside Web sites. We encourage you to read the individual privacy statements on each Web site you visit.
- Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or government/regulatory authority). We may also disclose your information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the online environment, protect the personal safety of others and protect against legal liability.
This privacy statement is intended to reflect the Career College Group sites maintained by Medix College and North American Trade Schools and it is subject to change.
For more information on our policies or to request accessible formats or provide feedback please contact the office of the Vice President firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard and accessible formats are free upon request.