The Construction & Maintenance Electrican Pre-Apprenticeship training program at North American Trade Schools at the London and Brampton campuses provides technical training for individuals looking for a rewarding career in the Construction & Maintenance Electrican Pre-Apprenticeship field.
This curriculum is designed to provide classroom, lab “hands-on” training in the residential, commercial and industrial electricity. Graduates of the program will develop skills in residential wiring, service installation, code interpretation, conduit bending, and electrical motor theory; analyze/repair machine controls, print reading, electronic controls, and the principles of electricity. Graduates will have skills for a number of entry level positions in the electrical field.
What career opportunities are available to graduates of the Construction & Maintenance Electrican Pre-Apprenticeship Program?
- Electrical Control Assembler
- Electrical Instrument Repairer
- Electrical Technician
- Apprentice Electrician
- Electric Motor Analyst
- Electric Motor Repair
- Electrical Service Technician
Where do graduates of the Construction & Maintenance Electrican Pre-Apprenticeship work?
- Manufacturing Companies
- Commercial Construction Companies
- Residential Construction Companies
- Electrical Contracting Companies
- Aerospace Product and Parts Manufacturers
- Government Companies including Municipalities
What are common job tasks for individuals working in the Electrical Technology field?
- Install, maintain and service electrical equipment.
- Assist in inspecting, testing and adjusting electronic components.
- Locate and diagnose trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
- Utilize standard electricians' hand tools, measuring and testing instruments.
- Performs standard testing processes on a variety of equipment and records and analyzes results.
How can the career services department help you get a job?
North American Trade Schools offers an extensive career services department with a representative assisting you to become a better job candidate from the moment you begin your program. Your career services representative will help you improve your resume, develop interview skills and guide you through the job search process.
Taking the Construction & Maintenance Electrican Pre-Apprenticeship program at North American Trade Schools enables students to learn the technical skills required in the Construction & Maintenance Electrican Pre-Apprenticeship field at a much faster pace than if they were learning through on the job training. Graduates learn a diverse skill set which will not only help them gain employment, but excel in their new profession.
North American Trade Schools also provides an employment advantage as we have established relationships with many employers in the field. As a result, employers in the field contact us before posting jobs to the general public giving current students and graduates of the program an advantage in the hiring process.