The Motorcycle & Small Engine Technician – Pre-Apprenticeship program at North American Trade Schools at the London campus provides technical training for individuals looking for a rewarding career in the motorcycle, small engine and outdoor equipment repair field.
What career opportunities are available to graduates of the Motorcycle and Small Engine Repair Technician - Pre-Apprenticeship Program?
- Small Engine Repair Technician
- Tool Repair Specialist
- Motorcycle Mechanic
- Powersport Technician
- Personal Water Craft (PWC) Technician
- Outdoor Power Equipment Technician
- Engine Maintenance Technician
Where do graduates of the Motorcycle and Small Engine Repair Technician - Pre-Apprenticeship work?
- Motorcycle Repair Shops
- Municipality Repair Headquarters
- Constructional Equipment Rental Shops
- Industrial Equipment Repair Shops
- Trucking Companies
What are common job tasks for individuals working in the Motorcycle and Small Engine Repair Technician - Pre-Apprenticeship field?
- Inspects motor in operation, road test motor vehicle and test motorcycle systems.
- Inspect and test mechanical unit, such as engines, transmissions, frame and brake systems to locate faults and malfunctions.
- Repair or replace parts and components of motorcycle systems including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension.
- Repairs and general maintenance to ATV's, snowmobiles, motorcycle's.
- Routine repairs and maintenance on outdoor mechanical equipment as well as a variety of outdoor power equipment, farm machinery and turf equipment.
How can the career services department help you get a job?
North American Trade Schools offers an extensive career services department with a representative assisting you to become a better job candidate from the moment you begin your program. Your career services representative will help you improve your resume, develop interview skills and guide you through the job search process.
Taking the Motorcycle and Small Engine Repair Technician - Pre-Apprenticeship program at North American Trade Schools enables students to learn the technical skills required in the Motorcycle and Small Engine Repair Technician - Pre-Apprenticeship field at a much faster pace than if they were learning through on the job training. Graduates learn a diverse skill set which will not only help them gain employment, but excel in their new profession.
North American Trade Schools also provides an employment advantage as we have established relationships with many employers in the field. As a result, employers in the field contact us before posting jobs to the general public giving current students and graduates of the program an advantage in the hiring process.